Vegan Christmases are becoming more and more popular in the UK, with around 7% of the UK population now thought to be fully vegan. However, despite this meteoric rise, the options for Christmas treats are somewhat limited. Below are 3 simple vegan recipes that not only you’ll enjoy, but also the rest of your meat-eating family and friends!
Cranberry & Orange Sauce
A delightful homemade cranberry sauce with delicious bursts of citrus thanks to the St. Dalfour Thick Cut Orange Preserve!
How to make:
- Add frozen cranberries to a medium pan and heat with orange juice, sugar and St. Dalfour Thick Cut Orange Preserve.
- Stir until the sugar and preserve melt and the mixture starts to bubble. Cook for 3-5 mins.
- Once cooked, leave to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools, but this recipe is naturally thinner than some shop-bought sauces.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to a week, allowing you to enjoy this marvellous sauce across the festive period!
Our vegan Eggnog uses dates, cashews and of course, St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve!
How to make:
- Soak the dates, cashews, and mixed spice in the brandy for 12 hours (Overnight is probably best for most people).
- Once soaked, tip the mixture into a blender and the St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve and almond milk. Once smooth, pour into eight tall glasses, add ice and grate some nutmeg on top.
- Serve to friends and family and enjoy!
Orange Blossom Honey Roasted Parsnips
These golden, citrus parsnips have the perfect balance of sweetness, making them a must have side dish this Christmas.
- Boil your parsnips until tender.
- Drain, and place on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes. Take out the oven and apply the St. Dalfour Orange Blossom Honey and place back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add a pinch of salt and serve!