This Sunday is Father’s Day! Providing the perfect opportunity to show how much we love and cherish our dads and guardians. In these difficult times it can be hard to imagine a new way of celebrating how amazing your dad is that you haven’t done before. Well, relax and let St. Dalfour take it from here and provide your dad with the delicious taste of a Great British Classic… afternoon tea!
The concept of afternoon tea was first introduced in the 1840s by the Duchess of Bedford, Anna Russell. In the 19th century dinner was served at 9pm which Anna believed was too late. She would often become hungry between lunch and dinner and would subsequently request “some tea, bread, preserve and cake”. Since then, afternoon tea has grown increasingly popular and provides people with the perfect chance to show off their best china, and of course, their unrivaled baking abilities.
With this tradition still going as strong as ever, why not treat dad to a delicious Afternoon Tea inspired by the wide variety of flavours on offer from St. Dalfour!
Quintessentially British, scones slathered in jam and clotted cream are the perfect fathers day treat! Give yours a fruity French twist with one of our St. Dalfour preserves. No added cane sugar, artificial preservatives or colourings make it the perfect choice. Why not break tradition and use our Mango & Passion Fruit Preserve for a tropical twist? Click the image below to view the recipe:
Seven Top Tips for Perfect Scones
- Your ingredients need to be cold – you could even cool your bowl and utensils in the fridge
- Use cold butter, and cold hands
- Do not overwork the dough
- Minimise handling of the dough
- Press down firmly and do not twist when cutting out the scone rounds
- Flour your cutter between each cut (this will help stop them going lopsided when cooking)
- Use a hot oven (200ºC fan), to help the butter explode into the flour so the scones rise quickly
St. Dalfour wasn’t made to simply be spread on toast. Our preserves provide a multitude of ways to enhance you favourite sweet and savoury dishes. View our full range of preserves here.