Monday 30th August marks the summer bank holiday – giving us all a long weekend to spend time with friends and family, doing the things we love most and have missed doing in recent times.
Whether you’re planning a family trip to the seaside, a educational trip to a museum or gallery, or even plan on simply heading out to the local park for a summer picnic – St. Dalfour have you covered when it comes to delicious food on the go.
Make time for breakfast!
The bank holiday weekend means, for most of us, there’s no need to set an alarm for work! Now, you could sleep through the morning and awake from your slumber in the early afternoon – or, you could treat yourself to a proper breakfast spread with the help of St. Dalfour.
Here are our tips for a bank holiday breakfast you’ll want to have every day of the week!
- Stir a spoonful into your porridge instead of sugar to add natural sweetness and a fruity twist
- Enjoy on toast, croissants, teacakes, crumpets and waffles
- Add to yoghurt with a sprinkling of granola
- Incorporate your favourite flavour preserve into fruity breakfast bars and flapjacks
- Add a sweet treat to traditional breakfast pancakes and crepes
- Revamp avocado on toast with a teaspoon of St. Dalfour Strawberry preserve
- Create your own fruit tea by adding a flat teaspoon of your favourite preserve to black tea
A packed lunch that packs a punch!
Will you be going to a museum or gallery this weekend? If so, don’t settle for boring when it comes to your packed lunch.
Use these tips and the whole family will look forward to lunchtime!
- Add some St. Dalfour Preserve to your sandwiches to create delicious sweet and savoury taste combinations!
- For a refreshing, fruity treat, create a delicious smoothie using your favourite St. Dalfour preserve. We recommend St Dalfour Strawberry Preserve & Banana, St. Dalfour Orange Blossom Honey & Fig and St. Dalfour Raspberry Preserve & Blueberry.
- Add a teaspoon of your favourite St. Dalfour preserve to hummus to provide a naturally fruity twist. Those carrot sticks have never tasted better!
The perfect picnic companion!
To showcase the versatility of St. Dalfour spreads, why not try one of our delicious recipes below in you summer bank holiday picnic.
These perfect pastries combine salty bacon and brie with a touch of sweetness from St. Dalfour’s French Grape preserve. This has to be one of the simplest yet most satisfying and tasty recipes.
Finding a quick treat for the kids is always a challenge. However, have you ever tried a ‘Jammy Lolly? No, well neither did we until one of customers wrote in with a recipe. We’ve tried it and it’s great and ever so easy to do.
These Vegetarian Sausage rolls are a delicious addition to any salad. You can even make them in advance and keep them as a tasty snack on the go!