- 250g digestive / ginger biscuits
- 80g unsalted butter – melted
- 200g soft cheese
- 284ml pot double cream – whipped
- few drops vanilla extract – or seeds from a vanilla pod
- 3 tbsp St. Dalfour Strawberry preserve
- Punnet of strawberries, some chopped and some halved or sliced
- Break the biscuits up into chunky crumbs (Pop them in a plastic bag and bash with rolling pin)
- Add the melted butter, mix together then press firmly into lined* 20cm loose bottom tin and pop in fridge
- Brush the base with the St. Dalfour Strawberry preserve
- Combine the soft cheese, vanilla and whipped cream and add a few of the chopped strawberries
- Spoon the cream mixture over the biscuit crumbs and chill for at least an hour
- Decorate with the halved / sliced strawberries as preferred.
- For an extra flourish, blitz some strawberries with a few teaspoons of St. Dalfour Strawberry preserve. If required, slacken off with a splash of water; drizzle over the cheesecake when serving.
Chef’s tip: When lining the loose bottomed tin, allow the paper to overflow the base by a few centimetres, then lock the tin side over the parchment – this makes the cake much easier to remove when serving.