- 400g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp St Dalfour orange and ginger spread
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 limes
- 2 spring onions
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g basmati rice (to serve)
- Fresh herbs (basil, coriander or mint) to serve
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the St Dalfour Spread, soy sauce, sesame oil and the zest and juice of 1 lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and leave to marinade in this mix for 20 minutes – overnight.
- Evenly divide the chicken pieces between 4 to 8 skewers, depending on the size of the chicken. Preheat a griddle to a high heat and cook on each side until charred and cooked through; this should take 8 – 10 minutes. Alternatively, cook under a grill heated to 250 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. If you are unsure as to whether the chicken is cooked, cut the largest piece open.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and stone of the avocado and dice it coarsely.
- Finely slice the spring onion and toss together with the avocado, olive oil, juice from the remaining lime, salt and pepper.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Serve the skewers, salsa and rice with a sprinkling of fresh herbs of your choice.
Chef’s suggestion: Why not try this recipe with pork instead of chicken and replace the Orange and Ginger spread with St. Dalfour Apricot preserve