• 120g brown rice flour
• 80g ground almonds
• 6 medjool dates
• 4 tbsp coconut oil + extra for greasing
• 2 tbsp cacao powder
• 1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 2 tbsp water
• 5 tbsp water
• 1 jar St Dalfour Imperial Pear preserve
• Handful cacao nibs (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Combine the flaxseed and water in a bowl and leave to thicken up.
3. Add the brown rice flour, ground almonds and cacao powder to a food
processor and blend to combine.
4. Add the pitted medjool dates to the food processor along with the coconut oil,
flaxseed mixture and water. Blend together to form a dough/pastry, adding a
little more water if necessary.
5. Grease a cupcake tin with coconut oil ready for the tarts!
6. Place the dough between two sheets of cling-film (to stop it sticking) and roll out
to about half a centimetre thickness. Use a round cutter to cut the dough and
place in the cupcake tray to make the tarts.
7. Place into the oven for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the tarts from the oven then fill each one with St Dalfour Imperial Pear
Preserve! Sprinkle a few cacao nibs on top of each tart if using them.
9. Place back into the oven for a further 5-8 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before digging in.