Christmas dinner is the undisputed king of meals. Each year providing; great food, family and friends, and let’s be honest – plenty of alcohol! But, when it comes to an end and you’re left with plenty of extra ‘stock’ what do you do? We think that Boxing Day shouldn’t be confined to the nibbles draw and frozen finger food! Here are a few simple showstoppers sure to impress even the most hungover member of the family!
Croque Madam Tray-bake
As much as cheeseboards are delicious, come the end of Christmas Day, many of us can muster just about enough jaw strength for a crisp, let alone 23 different cheeses!
If you haven’t force fed yourself with all that cheese, try our delicious Croque Madam with a fruity twist!
How to make:
- Toast any left-over bread you have and place in the bottom of a large baking tray.
- Butter and add a layer of a cheese of your choice (our favourites for this are Cheddar, Brie and Camembert).
- Between each layer of cheese, add a fruity twist with one of our 21 fruit preserves! (We think our Strawberry, Raspberry and Cranberry & Blueberry Preserves work best with the cheese).
- If you have any leftover turkey, ham or beef – add whichever to the dish between the bread and cheese!
- Place under the grill for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Serve and enjoy!
Fruity Turkey Tagine
Freshen up your Christmas leftovers with this sweet and spicy Moroccan stew, using St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve!
How to make:
- Heat oil in a large pan and soften some white onions. Add your leftover carrots and parsnips and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- To this, add chicken stock, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and a jar of St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve.
- Add 150ml of water and bring the pot to a simmer.
- Flake your leftover turkey into the pot and cook for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Add a spoonful of Greek yoghurt to serve!
Loaded Potato Skins
Use up leftover roasties on Boxing Day by making luxury potato skins!
- Hollow out leftover roast potatoes and scoop the mash into a bowl.
- To the potato, add any leftovers you’d like. We recommend; meats, cheese and even other veg such as parsnips and carrots!
- Combine with the mash put back into the skins.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Once cooled, place a dollop of your favourite preserve on top or even any leftover cranberry sauce made with our delicious St. Dalfour preserves!