Apricots: Versatile and Full of Goodness
The small and beautiful apricot is a delicate fruit, with both sweet and tart properties that make it exceptionally versatile. Packed full of vitamins A, C, K and niacin, as well as mineral content that includes copper, potassium, phosphorous and magnesium, apricots have been credited with a range of health benefits from strengthening bones and boosting metabolism to improving blood quality and heart health.
The apricot season is fairly short, but with St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve you can enjoy the flavour of apricots all year round. Made using an old French recipe, delicious apricots are gently cooked with fruit juice concentrate to conserve the natural flavour of the fruit. Made 100% from fruit, with no cane sugar, artificial preservatives or colours, St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve is also gluten free and incredibly versatile.
You can use St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve to enhance both sweet and savoury dishes. As one satisfied customer said:
“My family just can’t get enough of this gorgeous, thick, fruity spread.”
We have taken inspiration from St. Dalfour consumers’ ideas to provide you with a range of ways to incorporate St. Dalfour Apricot Preserve into your daily life:
- Use it to sweeten fruit in crumbles and in bakes as a replacement to cane sugar
- Enjoy on toast, croissants, teacakes, crumpets and waffles
- Use with crème patissiere to create delicious Danish pastries and tarts
- Mix with mustard and thyme and spread over roasting chicken, or try our Apricot and Rosemary Sauce
- Make up a delicious ham glaze with soy sauce, mustard and Dalfour Apricot Preserve
- Add to yoghurt or ice cream
- Stir a spoonful into your breakfast porridge instead of sugar
- Make a batch of Pork and Apricot Sausage Rolls or try our Vegetarian option
- Knock up a healthy gluten free snack with our Apricot and Chestnut Energy Bites
- Make Spicy Lamb Koftas or add to Beef Curry
- Try our all new Apricot, Cranberry & Honey Flapjacks recipe. It throws the rule book out of the window – no added sugar, no golden syrup – simply sweetened with delicious honey, cranberries and apricot preserve.
So, what are you waiting for – purchase a jar of St Dalfour Apricot preserve today and get spreading, baking & cooking!